Wednesday, December 29, 2010

All the better to see you with..

Recently I volunteered to help an old roommate do some visual development for her graduate thesis film, a steam-punk contemporary interpretation of Little Red Riding Hood. I worked on the design of the little girl (named Elsie), and now I'm working on some layouts. Character design was pretty smooth-sailing, but boy are layouts something I need practice on.

Elsie sketches:






Final model sheet:



Layout sketches:





I'm working on a rough color test for the last sketch, but rendering layouts is a completely new process to me. Pretty frustrating, but a good learning process.

More sketches as they come! In the meantime, here's the production blog for the film:

http://allthebettertoseewith.tumblr.com/

It's really cool to see what the other members are coming up with, since I don't actually get to work with them in person.

1 delicious replies:

Lady Garland said...

These look awesome! I'm so excited to see how this turns out! XD